Well kids, my interview with one Mrs. Miranda Lambert-Shelton came out this week, and it feels like Christmas!
Every time I think about it, I get her new song, “Baggage Claim” stuck in my head. Warning: it’s catchy.
In other news, a reader awarded Gizzy & I with the “Versatile Blogger Award” earlier this week! How frickin’ cool is that?
It’s nice to know that there’s someone out there that thinks we do more than bitch about being poor and single. So thank you, Stephanie, from My One Precious Life, for awarding us with this honor.
In order to completely accept the award, I have to list seven things you don’t know about me.
Shew! Sometimes I feel like you know about 700 things you SHOULDN’T know about me, but whatever.
1. Will & Grace is my all time favorite television show. I have all 8 seasons on dvd, which took me years to collect. One year, for Christmas, all I needed was one more season to complete the set. I asked my dad for it—it was the only thing on my list. So on Christmas morning, I was really excited when I picked up a wrapped gift in the shape of a tv season on dvd. I ripped it open, and what do I see? Season 1 of 24.
“Do you watch that show?” my dad asked me.
“No, I’ve never seen it.”
“Well you will NOW,” he said, laughing.
My dad didn’t get me Will & Grace because he doesn’t think I should be watching a show featuring two gay men. PSH.
Here is one of my favorite scenes from the show:
2. I love to cook. At least once a week, I make something from scratch. I love challenging myself with brand new recipes, but of course I have my few favorites that I always turn to. Here is my favorite recipe for turkey chili:
3. Singing really loud (and horribly) is one of my favorite things to do—especially in my apartment while I’m cleaning. I love to find old songs on my iPod, crank it up, and let it rip, all while using my broom as a mic. One of my favorites to sing is anything from Bonnie Raitt—especially Nick of Time.
Okay, and I also love old school Something Corporate’s Konstantine:
Ok just one more—Ben Folds Five, One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces:
Seriously, it’s a full on concert. Sometimes I’ll even talk between the songs. “Thanks so much for coming out to my kitchen tonight guys. There’s t-shirts for sale in my closet.”
4. Aside from the love of my life, John Mayer, I do have plenty of other celebrity crushes, including Russell Brand, Gavin Degraw, Albie Manzo, and Steven Ward.
5. When I’m not putting on a concert, I prefer jazz music. Often, when I write, I like music with little to no words. My recent obsession has been Chris Botti.
6. For years, it has been a dream of mine to be published in The New York Times’ Sunday column, Modern Love. I have written and submitted a few times, haven’t succeeded yet, but I hope one day I will! When that Sunday coms, I’ve already planned a celebratory brunch so all of my friends and family can check out my debut and toast me. Yeah!
Here is one of my favorite Modern Love columns:
7. While in most situations I consider myself to be a really brave person, I also recognize that there’s a lot of shit I’m scared of. I’m scared of being murdered—in my apartment, in the shower, while sleeping, etc. I am also afraid of getting shot in public—at the bank, the movie theatre, the grocery, a restaurant, etc. I am afraid of spiders. All of them. I’m afraid of raccoons in the dumpster. I am also afraid of finding a dead mouse in my apartment. I am afraid of the police. And I’m also afraid of the dentist. I’m afraid of soggy bread, and also anything in a mask or anything that resembles a mask.
There. There’s my 7 facts. And if you want to know EVEN MORE about me, and Gizzy, check out our 100 facts page.
Oh, the other part of this award was to pass it on. And I’m selfish, so I’m keeping it.