After weeks of consideration, I made a profile on Match.com.
I know it’s really soon after my relationship with D, but I feel like getting out there, meeting new people, and going on dates will be good for me.
I don’t know if any of you are familiar with Match, but there’s a few steps you can take before you have to pay/subscribe.
So I filled out some of a profile, added a few photos, took a “quiz” about the type of guy I was looking for, and then my initial “matches” appeared…
Talk about WOOF.
It was dozens of guys I’m NOT interested in.
However, I kept looking and after getting through only 25 pages (I have 1500 matches), I’ve got 2 guys that are handsome, seem legit & interesting…I consider that a major score.
I’ve been signed up for less that 24-hours and my profile has already been viewed more than 160 times, I’ve gotten 11 “winks,” and 7 emails.
Talk about an ego boost.
Anyway, I am still perfecting my profile and learning how to navigate this world of online dating. But while I wait, it’s always good to get a few laughs—and it’s from the things people put on their profiles… Please enjoy:
- I want you to know that I know all the lyrics to “The Humpty Dance” by the Digital Underground. (And I didn’t realize that Shock G and Humpty were the same person until like three years ago.
- Just looking for someone normal that does not do drugs
- I am ready to settle down, but not looking to rush things. I took a little sabbatical from dating, actually a long one, and I’m ready to put myself back out there
- I like red heads there cool and dogs are gross so no dog owners but if you have a cat I really like cats so that’s cool.
- This is my second run on match.com. I have not been on here in close to 2 years.
- Of course a person is going to boast about their strengths and down play their weaknesses. Well let me join the crowd!
- Well, my fun days are over and I am looking for something serious if possible.
- I have 25 pictures of Danny Glover saved on my phone just incase I will ever need them.